Son with progressive myoclonic epilepsy-dr.wants us to consider VNS
Ann
2003-12-06 16:01:05 UTC
Our 16 year old son has Progressive Myoclonic Epilepsy. He is mentally about 2 years old (in most areas.) His neurologist would like us to consider VNS. He has seizures everyday. We are interested in talking to parents whose children have had this surgery as well as anyone who has had it. We would like to know as much about it before we decide whether to pursue it or not.
Pablo
2003-12-06 21:15:33 UTC
Post by Ann
Our 16 year old son has Progressive Myoclonic Epilepsy. He is mentally
about 2 years old (in most areas.) His neurologist would like us to consider
VNS. He has seizures everyday. We are interested in talking to parents
whose children have had this surgery as well as anyone who has had it. We
would like to know as much about it before we decide whether to pursue it or
not.
g'day ann,
if your looking for info on the VNS why not try howdy dave's site. he has a
section dedicated to it from a patient's perspective. it's at
http://www.howdydave.com/. good luck.
pablo